In this lesson, you can learn how to talk about illness, medicine and healthcare in English.
You’ll learn how to deal with a visit to the doctor’s office in English, how to talk about different healthcare systems, how to talk about going to hospital in English, and more.
See the full version of this lesson on our website:
1. At the Doctor’s Office 0:48
2. Prescribing Medicine and Giving Advice 3:26
3. How Healthcare Systems Work 6:43
4. In Hospital 10:26
5. Talking About Recovery 13:13
This lesson will help you:
– Understand how you can communicate with a doctor in English if you have to go to the doctor’s office.
– Get useful phrases and vocabulary to talk about medicine in English.
– Learn how healthcare systems work in English-speaking countries like the UK and US.
– See what kinds of English phrases for the hospital you can use to communicate if you have to stay at a hospital in an English-speaking country.
– Talk about recovery after an injury or illness in English with helpful vocabulary.
– See example conversations people might have when talking about illness and medicine in English.
Practice these phrases with a live teacher and get feedback now!